Some time ago I reported about the AirDrive keylogger. It has a Wi-Fi function and sets up its own network for this. Now AirDrive has released a new product, a keylogger in the form of a USB extension.
- Works as a WiFi hotspot, connectivity from any computer, smartphone or tablet
- Access to keystroke data through the web browser, does not require additional software or application
- Remote data retrieval without touching the device
- Supports over 40 national keyboard layouts
Hardware USB Keylogger with Wi-Fi – Tutorial
In this tutorial I show you step by step how to install and use the Wi-Fi AirDrive keylogger.
Buy AirDrive forensic keylogger cable – AirDrive forensic keylogger cable Pro
Step 1 – Connect the keylogger
- Connect the AirDrive keylogger between the keyboard and the computer. The AirDrive keylogger will now automatically set up a Wi-Fi network.
Step 2 – Connect to the keylogger
- Connect to the AirDrive Wi-Fi network with a computer, smartphone or tablet. The network is called “AIR_XXYYZZ”.
(XXYYZZ is always a different device ID)
Step 3 – Set up the keylogger
- When starting the keylogger for the first time, it must be set up.
- Open a browser and enter the IP address 192.168.4.1
- Now go to the “Settings” area.
- Now you can give the Wi-Fi network a different name and set up encryption such as WPA2 and a password.
- You can also check the box next to “Access Point Hidden” so that your AirDrive network is not visible to others.
- “All special keys” should be selected so that the entire keyboard including all special characters is logged.
- Now you can change the layout of the keyboard to the appropriate language.
- With a click on “Safe data logging settings” the AirDrive keylogger is ready to start.
Step 4 – Record data
- From now on the AirDrive keylogger will record all keystrokes. All entries can be viewed in the “Data Log” area. Unfortunately it is not possible to follow the entered data in real time. The “Data Log” page must be updated to view new keyboard entries. The hardware USB keylogger with Wi-Fi also records the data in the internal memory and also makes the data available for download.
All keystrokes are recorded in the AirDrive keylogger. When analyzing the recorded data, it is not only possible to simulate the behavior of a victim. All user names and passwords that have been entered via the keyboard can also be evaluated.
It does not matter whether it is the user name and password of the operating system, email and password or the access data from social media such as Instagram, Twitter or Facebook etc.
The AirDrive Keylogger USB cable is also available as a practical USB stick. You can find the Hardware USB Keylogger with Wi-Fi in the following tutorial – AirDrive Hardware USB Keylogger